If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in Hornick, Iowa, you don’t have to look far. The town is home to a number of parks, including Riverfront Park, which has a playground and a walking trail. There’s also a swimming pool and a splash pad. If your kids are into sports, they can join one of the town’s youth sports teams. And if they’re into the arts, they can take part in the Hornick Arts Council’s many programs. There’s something for everyone in Hornick, Iowa!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hornick, Iowa
1. Drumlin Orchards: This orchard is a great place for kids to learn about how apples are grown and picked. There are also plenty of opportunities to taste different types of apples.
2. Wapsipinicon River Zoo: The zoo is home to over 100 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. Kids will love getting up close and personal with some of their favorite animals.
3. Pleasant Hill Campground: This campground is the perfect place to explore the great outdoors with your kids. There are plenty of hiking trails to explore, as well as a playground and swimming pool.
4. Bevier House Museum: This museum is a great place to learn about the history of Hornick and the surrounding area. Kids will love seeing all of the different exhibits and artifacts.
5. Boulders Park: This park is perfect for kids who love to climb and explore. There are tons of huge boulders to climb on, as well as a playground and picnic area.
6. Potato Creek Nature Trail: This nature trail is a great way for kids to get some exercise while enjoying the beauty of nature. The trail is 1.5 miles long and takes you through some stunning scenery.
7. Hornick City Park: This park is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. There is a playground, basketball courts, and a baseball field.
8. The Giving Tree: This is a non-profit organization that provides free books, toys, and clothes to kids in need. It’s a great place to take your kids to help others in the community.
9. Hullabaloo: This is an indoor playground that is perfect for rainy days. Kids can enjoy a variety of activities, including climbing, sliding, and playing in the arcade.
10. Tri-State Rodeo: This annual event is a great way for kids to see some of their favorite animals up close. They can also watch riders perform tricks and compete in rodeo events.