Hornell, New York is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of things to do in this historic and charming city. Start your visit at the Anderson-Lee Library where kids can enjoy storytime, crafts, and a variety of kid-friendly books. Then, head to the splash pad at Veterans Memorial Park to cool off on a hot day. Don’t forget to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy in the park! For a more active adventure, hike the trails at Canisteo Riverway State Park or Rent a Bike and explore the city. Be sure to stop by the Covered Bridge Park to see the historic covered bridge and learn about the city’s rich history. End your day with a treat from one of Hornell’s many ice cream shops.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hornell, New York
1. Take a walk or bike ride through the Canaseraga Creek Aqueduct Park. This park features a walking/biking trail that follows the path of an old aqueduct. The trail is flat and easy to navigate, making it perfect for kids. There are also several bridges and lookout points along the way, providing ample opportunity to take in the scenery.
2. Visit the American Museum of Natural History in nearby Rochester. This museum is a great place for kids to learn about the natural world. There are exhibits on dinosaurs, animals, birds, and more. Kids will also enjoy the hands-on activities and quizzes throughout the museum.
3. Spend a day at the Canandaigua Lake State Marine Park. This park offers a beach area for swimming, fishing, and picnicking. There are also several hiking trails and a playground. The park is a great place to spend a day with the family.
4. Take a ride on the Canandaigua Lady Cruise Boat. This boat offers a variety of cruises, including dinner cruises, sightseeing cruises, and wine tours. Kids will enjoy the scenic views and the chance to see the Canandaigua Lake from the water.
5. Visit the Bristol Mountain Aerial Adventures. This aerial adventure park features a variety of zip lines and obstacles courses. Kids will love the chance to explore the treetops and test their agility.
6. Visit the Ontario County Historical Society. This museum is a great place to learn about the history of the Finger Lakes region. Kids will enjoy seeing the exhibits on the area’s Native American history, the Underground Railroad, and more.
7. Go for a swim at the Seneca Falls Recreation Park. This park features a large swimming pool, a wading pool, and a playground. The park is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day.
8. Visit the Waterloo Premium Outlets. This outlet mall features a variety of stores, including Gap, Nike, and J. Crew. Kids will love the chance to find great deals on name brand clothing and shoes.
9. Play a round of mini golf at the Parkview Golf Center. This facility features an 18-hole mini golf course. Kids will love the challenge of the course, as well as the chance to win prizes.
10. Visit the Roseland Waterpark. This waterpark features a variety of slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool. Kids will love the chance to cool off and have a great time.