There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Hopkinton, Massachusetts! For starters, the Hopkinson House Museum is a great place to take the kids. They can learn all about the history of the town and see some really cool old artifacts. The H town Recreation Department also offers a bunch of great programs for kids, like sports leagues, art classes, and dance classes. There are also a ton of parks in Hopkinton, perfect for a picnic or a game of fetch with the family dog. And no trip to Hopkinton is complete without stopping by the Ice Cream Barn for some delicious ice cream!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hopkinton, Massachusetts
1. Visit the Stanley School Museum: The Stanley School Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Hopkinton. The museum is located in an old schoolhouse that was built in 1854. There are many exhibits that tell the story of Hopkinton’s past. The museum is open from June through October.
2. Go for a hike: There are many great places to go for a hike in Hopkinton. The Rails to Trails Conservancy has created a network of trails that follow old railroad tracks. These trails are great for exploring the woods and getting some fresh air.
3. Visit the library: The Hopkinton Public Library is a great place to spend a day. The library has a large selection of books, magazines, and movies. The library also has a variety of programs for kids.
4. Play at the park: Hopkinton has many parks that are perfect for a day of play. The parks have playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
5. Go fishing: Fishing is a great way to relax and enjoy the outdoors. There are many ponds and lakes in Hopkinton that are perfect for fishing. A fishing license is required for anyone over the age of 16.
6. Go swimming: If you are looking for a place to cool off, Hopkinton has many great swimming holes. Some of the best places to swim are at the Hopkinton State Park and the Whitehall State Park.
7. Canoe or kayak: Canoeing and kayaking are great ways to explore the waterways of Hopkinton. There are many places to launch your boat, and you can even go for a guided tour.
8. Go tubing: Tubing is a great way to relax and float down a river. There are many places to go tubing in Hopkinton, and you can even rent a tube from a local outfitter.
9. Visit a farm: Hopkinton is home to many working farms. You can visit a farm to see how the animals are raised and the food is grown. Some farms even offer tours and events for kids.
10. Go apple picking: Apple picking is a great fall activity. There are many apple orchards in Hopkinton, and you can even visit a cider mill to see how the cider is made.