There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Honesdale, Pennsylvania! For starters, the Wayne County Park & Recreation Department offers a variety of outdoor activities for children of all ages to enjoy. The park has a playground, walking trails, picnic areas, and a fishing pond. In addition, the department runs a variety of programs throughout the year, such as sports leagues, swimming lessons, and arts & crafts classes.
The Wayne County Fair is another great option for families with kids. The fair takes place every August and features a wide variety of attractions, including rides, games, food vendors, and live entertainment.
Lastly, the Stourbridge Line Railroad offers a unique experience for kids. The Railroad offers regular train rides through the scenic countryside. In addition, the Railroad hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, such as Thomas the Tank Engine Day and the Easter Bunny Express.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Honesdale, Pennsylvania
1. Climb Fire Tower at Honesdale parks- The Fire Tower at Honesdale parks is a great way to get a view of the town and the surrounding area. It is also a great workout for the kids.
2. Get a scoop at Hoagies ice cream- Hoagies is a local ice cream shop that has a great selection of ice cream flavors. The kids will love getting a scoop (or two) of their favorite flavor.
3. Play at Central Park- Central Park is a great place for the kids to run around and play. There is also a playground and a fountain that they can cool off in.
4.Visit the Stourbridge Line- The Stourbridge Line is a scenic railway that goes through the town of Honesdale. The kids will love riding on the train and seeing the sights.
5. Go for a hike- There are many great hiking trails in Honesdale. The kids will love exploring the woods and getting some fresh air.
6. Visit the Wayne County Historical Society- The Wayne County Historical Society is a great place to learn about the history of Honesdale. The kids will love looking at the exhibits and listening to the stories.
7. Go canoeing or kayaking- Canoeing or kayaking on one of the many rivers in Honesdale is a great way to see the town from a different perspective. The kids will love being on the water and paddling around.
8. Visit the Wayne County Fair- The Wayne County Fair is a great place for the kids to see animals, ride rides, and eat funnel cake. They will have a blast at the fair.
9. Go to a Honesdale Indians baseball game- The Honesdale Indians are the local baseball team. The kids will love going to a game and cheering on the home team.
10. Attend a summer concert- The Honesdale parks host a summer concert series. The kids will love listening to live music and dancing in the park.