Hondarribia is a charming, fortified town located in the Basque region of Spain. The historic center is a great place to explore with kids, and there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. Start by visiting the Castle of Charles V, which offers stunning views of the town and the surrounding area. Then, take a walk along the waterfront to see the boats and enjoy the fresh air. Make sure to stop by one of the town’s many bakeries for a delicious treat, and don’t forget to try the local ice cream! For a fun activity, take a ride on the mini train that goes around the center of town. And of course, no visit to Hondarribia would be complete without playing in the sand at one of the town’s two beaches.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hondarribia, Spain
1. Visit the Hondarribia Aquarium – The Hondarribia Aquarium is a great place to take kids of all ages. With over 4,000 square meters of space, the aquarium features a variety of different fish and other sea creatures. There is also a touch tank where kids can get up close and personal with some of the animals.
2. Play at the Park – There are a number of parks in Hondarribia that are perfect for letting kids run around and burn off some energy. Parque de Mocedades is a particularly popular spot, and features a playground, a basketball court, and a skate park.
3. Take a Boat Ride – A boat ride is a great way to see Hondarribia from a different perspective. There are a number of different boat tour operators in town, and most offer kid-friendly options.
4. Visit the Fortress – The fortress that overlooks Hondarribia is an impressive sight, and kids will love exploring the ramparts and towers. During the summer months, there are also a number of different events and activities that take place inside the fortress walls.
5. Go to the Beach – Hondarribia has a number of different beaches that are perfect for a day of fun in the sun. Playa de los Olas is a great option for families, as it has a playground, a beach bar, and plenty of space for playing games or building sandcastles.
6. Explore the Old Town – The old town of Hondarribia is a great place to explore with kids. With narrow streets and a number of historical landmarks, there is plenty to keep kids entertained.
7. Visit a Museum – Hondarribia is home to a number of different museums that kids will enjoy. The Museum of the sea is a great option, as it features a variety of interactive exhibits on the town’s maritime history.
8. Go on a Hike – There are a number of different hiking trails in and around Hondarribia that are perfect for exploring with kids. The nearby Gorbea Natural Park is a great option, and has a number of different trails to choose from.
9. Go Horseback Riding – Horseback riding is a great way to explore the countryside around Hondarribia. There are a number of different stables in the area that offer rides for all levels of experience.
10. Take a Cooking Class – Kids will love learning how to cook some of the local specialties at a cooking class. There are a number of different classes available, and most include a visit to a local market to purchase ingredients.