Hockessin is a great place for kids to explore and learn. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them busy, including the Hockessin Community Center, the Hockessin Memorial Park, and the Hockessin Athletic Club. The Hockessin Community Center offers a variety of recreational activities, including basketball, tennis, and swimming. The Hockessin Memorial Park is a great place to take a stroll or have a picnic. The Hockessin Athletic Club has a variety of fitness-related activities, including yoga, Pilates, and group exercise classes.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hockessin, Delaware
1. Head to Hagley Museum and Library to explore the estate of the du Pont family. The museum features a restored 19th-century powder mill, a ancestral home, and gorgeous gardens. Kids will love learning about the history of this important Delaware family.
2. For a fun day of shopping, head to the Hockessin Corner Shopping Center. The center features a variety of stores, including a toy store, a book store, and a clothing store.
3. Spend a day at the Hockessin Athletic Club. The club features a swimming pool, a basketball court, and a fitness center. Kids can also take part in a variety of activities, including arts and crafts, while adults can enjoy the sauna or the steam room.
4. Take a hike through the Hockessin Woods. The woods feature a variety of trails, including a paved trail and a dirt trail. The trails wind through the woods, offering beautiful views of the surrounding area.
5. Visit the Hockessin Art League Gallery to see a variety of art exhibits. The gallery features both permanent and temporary exhibits, so there is always something new to see.
6. Play a round of golf at the Hockessin Golf Club. The club features an 18-hole golf course, a driving range, and a pro shop.
7. Go for a swim at the Hockessin Swim Club. The club features a heated pool, a wading pool, and a playground.
8. Have a picnic at the Hockessin Memorial Park. The park features a playground, a pavilion, and a picnic area.
9. Go fishing at the Hockessin Pond. The pond is stocked with a variety of fish, so you are sure to catch something.
10. Attend a performance at the Hockessin Little Theatre. The theater produces a variety of shows, including musicals and plays.