Ho Chi Minh City is a great place for kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. The Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens is a great place to start, where kids can see a variety of animals and plants. The Cu Chi Tunnels are also a popular attraction for kids, as they can learn about the history of the Vietnam War. Kids can also enjoy exploring the many temples and pagodas around the city, or take a boat ride on the Mekong River. For a fun-filled day, head to Dam Sen Water Park, where kids can cool off in the pools and slides.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1. Visit the Củ Chi Tunnels: Used by Việt Cộng soldiers during the Vietnam War, the Củ Chi Tunnels are now a popular tourist attraction. Visitors can explore the tunnels, learn about their history, and see how the soldiers lived and fought during the war.
2. Ride a bike: Ho Chi Minh City is a great place to explore by bike. There are many bike rental shops around the city, and the roads are relatively flat, making it easy to get around. Bike lanes are also being added in some parts of the city, making it even easier and safer to ride.
3. Visit the War Remnants Museum: The War Remnants Museum is a must-see for anyone interested in the history of the Vietnam War. The museum has a variety of exhibits on the war, including American and Vietnamese war artifacts, photos, and interactive displays.
4. Take a boat ride on the Saigon River: The Saigon River is a great way to see Ho Chi Minh City from a different perspective. There are many boat tour operators that offer a variety of tour options, from short rides to longer excursions that include stops at some of the city’s landmarks.
5. Go to a water park: Ho Chi Minh City has a number of water parks that are perfect for a hot day. There are slides, pools, and other water attractions for all ages, making it a great option for a family outing.
6. Visit the Zoo and Botanical Gardens: The Zoo and Botanical Gardens is a great place to see a variety of animals and plants. The zoo has tigers, elephants, and other animals, while the botanical gardens have a variety of flowers and trees.
7. Ride the amusement park rides at Dam Sen Water Park: Dam Sen Water Park is one of the most popular amusement parks in Ho Chi Minh City. The park has a variety of rides, including a water coaster, and a number of restaurants and shops.
8. Go shopping at one of the city’s many markets: Ho Chi Minh City has a number of markets where you can find everything from clothes to souvenirs. The city’s Central Market is a good place to start, but there are many other markets worth exploring.
9. Try Vietnamese food: Ho Chi Minh City is a great place to try Vietnamese food. There are many restaurants that serve traditional Vietnamese dishes, as well as a number of fusion restaurants that combine Vietnamese and other cuisines.
10. Visit a temple: Ho Chi Minh City has a number of temples that are worth visiting. The most popular temple is the Jade Emperor Pagoda, but there are also a number of smaller temples that are worth checking out.