Hillsboro is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. The Tuality Park & Community Center is a great place to take the kids to burn off some energy. They have an indoor pool, gymnasium, track, and many classes and programs for all ages. The Orenco woods Nature Park is another great option for kids. They can explore the nature trails, play in the playground, and picnic in the pavilion. The Shute Park Aquatic & Recreation Center is also a great option for families. They offer swimming lessons, open swim, a spray ground, and plenty of other activities. For the Artsy kids, the Hillsboro Arts & Culture District offers many options such as art classes, live theater, and dance performances. There is also the Round Table Entertainment arcade and the Galaxy Theater for some fun indoor entertainment.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hillsboro, Oregon
1. Take a walk or ride your bike on the beautiful, scenic Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. There are miles of paved trails and boardwalks to explore, making it a great activity for the whole family.
2. Visit the Oregon Zoo, one of the top-rated zoos in the country. See exotic animals from all over the world, participate in fun educational programs, and take a ride on the zoo train.
3. Learn about local history at the Hillsboro Historic Museum. This museum is housed in a beautiful Victorian-style building and features exhibits on the city’s founding, early settlers, and more.
4. Spend a day at the Tillamook Air Museum, where you can see over 60 vintage aircraft on display. The museum also offers guided tours, hands-on exhibits, and a simulator lab.
5. Get up close and personal with farm animals at the Bonny Doon Alpacas & Llama Farm. Tour the farm, feed the animals, and learn all about these fascinating creatures.
6. Take a stroll through the Japanese Garden at Washington County Museum. This tranquil garden features ponds, bridges, waterfalls, and a variety of plant life.
7. Visit the Oregon Wine Country to learn about the state’s viticulture and taste some of the delicious wines produced here. Many wineries offer tours and tasting experiences for the whole family.
8. Check out the interactive exhibits at the Science Factory Children’s Museum. Little ones will love playing in the water tables, building with giant Legos, and exploring the planetarium.
9. Go for a swim at Shute Park Aquatic & Recreation Center, where there’s something for everyone. The center features an indoor pool, an outdoor water play area, and a climbing wall.
10. Play a round of mini golf at Vertigo Indoor Adventure, a fun-filled family entertainment center. In addition to mini golf, the center also offers go-karts, laser tag, and an arcade.