The Highlands is a great place to raise a family. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones busy. For outdoor fun, take them to the playground at the Highlands Recreation Complex. From slides and swings to a sprayground, they’ll be sure to have a blast. If you’re looking for something educational, the Vanuxem Observatory is a great option. They offer public star parties, educational programs, and more. And, of course, no trip to the Highlands is complete without a stop at the Duke Farms. With over 2,000 acres of land to explore, your kids will love getting up close and personal with nature.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Highlands, New Jersey
1. Visit the Butterfly Farm: The Butterfly Farm is a great place to take the kids to see some amazing creatures up close. They offer a variety of programs and events throughout the year that will educate and entertain the little ones.
2. Go on a hayride: One of the best ways to experience the fall foliage in New Jersey is by going on a hayride. There are many farms in the area that offer this activity and it’s sure to be a hit with the kids.
3. Attend a pumpkin festival: Highlands is home to a number of pumpkin festivals each year. These festivals usually include a pumpkin patch, hayrides, and other fall activities that the kids will love.
4. Go apple picking: There are several local farms that offer apple picking and it’s a great activity for the whole family. This is a great opportunity to teach the kids where their food comes from and they’ll have a blast picking apples.
5. Visit a working farm: There are a few working farms in the area that offer tours and other activities. This is a great way for the kids to see how a farm operates and maybe even get to pet some animals.
6. Visit a local winery: New Jersey is home to many great wineries and many of them offer tours and tastings. This is a great activity for the adults, but the kids will also enjoy seeing the vineyards and learning about how wine is made.
7. Go on a nature hike: There are several nature trails in the area that the kids will enjoy exploring. This is a great way to get some exercise and teach the kids about the local flora and fauna.
8. Go fishing: Highlands is home to many great fishing spots. This is a great activity for the kids and a chance for them to learn about responsible fishing practices.
9. Play mini golf: There are several mini golf courses in the area that the kids will enjoy. This is a great way to spend an afternoon and the kids will love trying to get a hole in one.
10. Visit a local museum: There are several museums in the area that the kids will enjoy. This is a great way to learn about the history of the area and see some interesting exhibits.