If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Highland, Kansas, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of options to keep kids of all ages entertained. For the younger set, the Highland Community Center offers a variety of classes and activities, including gymnastics, dance, and swimming. The parks in Highland are also great places to take the kids, with plenty of space to run around and play. And don’t forget the Highland Public Library, which offers a wide selection of books, movies, and games for kids to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Highland, Kansas
1. Take a walk or bike ride through Highland Community College’s nearly 200-acre campus. The college grounds feature beautiful landscaping, ponds, and walking trails.
2. Visit the Depot Museum, which is housed in a restored 19th-century train station. The museum features exhibits on the history of Highland and the Santa Fe Trail.
3. Play a round of golf at the Highland Public Golf Course. The course features 18 holes, a driving range, and a pro shop.
4. Go fishing at Donnan Park Pond. The pond is stocked with bass, catfish, and sunfish.
5. Take a hike or bike ride on the Santa Fe Trail. The trail runs through Highland and features several historical markers.
6. Go swimming at the Highland community pool. The pool features a diving board, slides, and a wading pool for small children.
7. Play a game of tennis at one of the four tennis courts located at Donnemiller Park.
8. Visit the story time hour at the Highland Public Library. The library also offers a variety of other programs for children and families.
9. Have a picnic lunch at Franklin Park. The park also features a playground, a basketball court, and a walking trail.
10. Go for a walk or jog around the high school track. The track is open to the public during daylight hours.