If you’re looking for things to do with kids in Hertford, North Carolina, you’re in luck! There are plenty of kid-friendly attractions in this small town. The Perquimans River is a great place to take a leisurely paddleboat ride or go fishing. The Hurst Boat Ramp & Park is a beautiful spot for a picnic lunch. The NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island is nearby and is a great place to learn about marine life. The Outer Banks Wildlife Education Center is another great option for families. And don’t forget to check out the local candy shop, ice cream parlor, and arcade!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hertford, North Carolina
1. Take a visit to the Perquimans River! This river is perfect for a day of fishing, swimming, or simply exploring.
2. Visit theplinplantation.com for a day of learning about the local history of Hertford. The plantation offers tours, demonstrations, and educational programs for all ages.
3. Take a walk or bike ride through the Town Creek Greenway. This beautiful nature trail is perfect for a family hike or picnic.
4. Visit the Perquimans County Museum of History and Culture. This museum offers a look into the local history and culture of Hertford and the surrounding area.
5. Visit the Perquimans Riverfront Park. This park offers a playground, picnic areas, and access to the river.
6. Go for a swim at the Perquimans Aquatic Center. This indoor pool is perfect for a family swim or just to cool off on a hot day.
7. Play a round of golf at the Perquimans Golf Club. This club offers a public 9-hole golf course as well as a driving range.
8. Visit the historic downtown area of Hertford. This area is perfect for shopping, dining, and exploring the local history.
9. Spend a day at the beach! Hertford is just a short drive from some of the best beaches on the east coast.
10. Visit one of the many parks in Hertford. These parks offer a variety of activities for all ages including playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails.