Herndon, Pennsylvania, is a great place for kids and families. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do, including exploring the outdoors, visiting museums and other historical attractions, and taking part in the many festivals and events that take place in the town throughout the year.
Kids will love exploring the many hiking and biking trails that wind through the area, and there are also several parks and playgrounds to enjoy. For a fun educational experience, families can visit the local museums and historical sites, such as the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania Anthracite Heritage Museum. There are also a number of art galleries and performance venues in Herndon, making it a great place for kids to explore their creative side.
Throughout the year, Herndon plays host to a number of festivals and events, many of which are geared towards families and kids. Some of the highlights include the Herndon Festival in May, which features a carnival, live music, and food vendors, and the Herndon Holiday Celebration in December, which includes a parade, Santa visits, and a tree lighting ceremony.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Herndon, Pennsylvania
1. Take a hike along the Appalachian Trail
2. Visit the Penn State Ice Rink
3. Play mini golf at Fun Run Amusement Park
4. Get your adrenaline fix at Splash Lagoon Water Park
5. Go on a safari at African Adventure Zoo
6. Visit the Hersheypark amusement park
7. Take a ride on the Strasburg Railroad
8. Visit the Historic Rock Ford Plantation
9. Go apple picking at an area apple orchard
10. Enjoy some tasty ice cream fromDiehl’s Dairy Farm