Families travelling to Heredia will find no shortage of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. For a start, the city is home to several parks perfect for a picnic lunch or afternoon playing games. The Parque de la Paz is particularly lovely, with a wide variety of flowers and birds to spot, as well as a playground and an on-site restaurant. Heredia also boasts a number of museums which are ideal for rainy days; the Museum of Costa Rican Art is ahit with kids, who enjoy learning about the country’s rich history and culture through its many exhibits. And of course, no trip to Heredia would be complete without a visit to the Zoo Ave, where children can see everything from sloths to monkeys to crocodiles.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Heredia, Costa Rica
1. La Paz Waterfall Gardens: La Paz Waterfall Gardens is a family friendly attraction that features a series of waterfalls, a hummingbird garden, a butterfly garden, a serpentarium, a frog exhibit, and a wildlife refuge.
2. Selvatura Adventure Park: Selvatura Adventure Park is an adrenaline-pumping nature park that offers zip lining, hanging bridges, rappelling, and other thrilling activities.
3. White Water Rafting: Costa Rica is home to some of the best white water rafting in the world. Families can enjoy this thrilling activity together on the rivers of the central valley.
4. Doka Estate Coffee Tour: The Doka Estate Coffee Tour is a great activity for families with kids of all ages. Visitors will learn all about the coffee making process, from tree to cup, and can even sample some of the estate’s freshly brewed coffee.
5. Cloud Forest Hiking: Heredia is home to the Braulio Carrillo National Park, a massive rainforest that is perfect for a day of hiking and exploring. Keep your eyes peeled for sloths, monkeys, and other wildlife that call this park home.
6. La Paz Peace River Wildlife Refuge: The La Paz Peace River Wildlife Refuge is a great place to see some of Costa Rica’s beautiful birdlife. More than 200 species of birds can be found in the refuge, making it a paradise for birdwatchers.
7. Tirimbina Rainforest Center: The Tirimbina Rainforest Center is a great place to learn about the rainforest and its inhabitants. Visitors can take part in guided hikes, night walks, and even participate in research projects.
8. Butterfly Gardens: Costa Rica is home to a large number of butterfly species, and families can learn all about these beautiful insects at one of Heredia’s butterfly gardens.
9. Arenal Volcano National Park: Arenal Volcano National Park is one of Costa Rica’s most popular tourist destinations. The park offers hiking, camping, and birdwatching, as well as stunning views of the Arenal Volcano.
10. Canopy Tours: Canopy tours are a great way to experience the rainforest from above. Families can zip line through the treetops, getting an up-close look at the jungle’s flora and fauna.