If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Henderson, Texas, you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of things to keep your little ones entertained in this historic town.
One of the most popular kid friendly attractions in Henderson is the Brownloo Zoo. This small zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, bears, and many more. Your kids will love getting up close and personal with some of their favorite animals.
Another popular activity for kids in Henderson is visiting one of the many museums. The Henderson County Heritage Museum is a great option, as it offers a variety of exhibits on local history and culture. Your kids will also enjoy the hands-on activities at the Children’s Museum of Henderson.
If your kids are looking for a more active adventure, they’ll love visiting one of Henderson’s many parks. Kirkpatrick Park is a great option, as it features a playground, basketball courts, and a walking trail. For a more scenic option, check out Lake RTD Park, which offers beautiful views of the lake.
No matter what your kids are interested in, they’re sure to find something to enjoy in Henderson. So, start planning your trip today!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Henderson, Texas
1. Go on a nature hike at the Henderson State Park!
2. Visit the Rusk County Museum to learn about the history of Henderson and see some interesting artifacts!
3. Have a picnic lunch at one of the city parks, such as Town Lakes Park.
4. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area, such as Lake Hawkins or Caddo Lake.
5. Take a swim at the Henderson aquatic center or one of the public pools in town.
6. Play a round of miniature golf or go-karts at Funtopia.
7. Get ice cream or snow cones from one of the local shops, such as Paleteria Juarez or Tickleberries.
8. Bowl a few games at East Texas Lanes.
9. See a movie at the local theater.
10. Check out the animals at the Caldwell Zoo or the Houston Zoo.