There are quite a few kid friendly things to do in Helmond. A few notable places are het Dierenpark, an animal park with a playground and petting zoo; called De Bonte Piet, this is a traditional Dutch festival with music, face painting, and food which takes place in December; the Gas meter Museum is a fun and educational place for kids to learn about the history of gas in Helmond; for a more creative outlet, kids can enjoy painting pottery at De Bonte Piet.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Helmond, Netherlands
1. Visit the JMT Deursen Water Mill: The JMT Deursen Water Mill is a working mill that is over 300 years old. Visitors can tour the mill and see how it works. There is also a mill museum on site.
2. Go for a walk or bike ride in Deurnese Polders: The Deurnese Polders are a series of nature trails that wind through the countryside. The trails are perfect for a leisurely stroll or a more challenging bike ride.
3. Visit the Helmond Sport Stadium: The Helmond Sport Stadium is home to the local soccer team. Visitors can take a tour of the stadium and learn about the team’s history.
4. Visit the Carillo Museum: The Carillo Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of the carillon, a type of musical instrument. The museum has a collection of over 100 carillons from all over the world.
5. Take a scenic boat ride on the Maas River: The Maas River is a beautiful river that flows through the city of Helmond. Visitors can take a scenic boat ride and enjoy the views of the city.
6. Visit the Helmond Castle: The Helmond Castle is a medieval castle that was built in the 13th century. Visitors can tour the castle and learn about its history.
7. Visit the Helmond Museum: The Helmond Museum is a local history museum that chronicles the history of the city from its early days to the present. The museum has a collection of artifacts and exhibits.
8. Take a walk through the Vestingpark: The Vestingpark is a park that was once part of the city’s defensive walls. The park is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the views of the city.
9. Visit the St. Martinus Church: The St. Martinus Church is a beautiful church that was built in the 14th century. Visitors can tour the church and learn about its history.
10. Enjoy the views from the top of the tower at the St. Lambertus Church: The St. Lambertus Church is achurch with a tall tower that offers stunning views of the city. Visitors can climb the tower and enjoy the views from the top.