There are many kid-friendly things to do in Hazel, Kentucky. Many of the local parks have playgrounds and picnic areas, perfect for a family outing. The Hazel Cinema is a great place to take the kids for a movie, and there are also several kid-friendly restaurants in town. The Hazel Recreation Center has a variety of activities for kids of all ages, including a swimming pool, basketball courts, and a playground. For a day of exploring and learning, the Kentucky Science Center and the Louisville Zoo are both less than an hour away.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hazel, Kentucky
1. Visit the Creation Museum- The Creation Museum is a great place for kids to learn about science and history. The museum has exhibits on dinosaurs, fossils, and the Bible.
2. Go to the Kentucky Horse Park- The Kentucky Horse Park is a great place for kids to learn about horses. The park has exhibits on different breeds of horses, horse care, and equestrian sports.
3. Take a scenic drive down the Kentucky Bourbon Trail- The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is a great way for kids to see the countryside. The trail passes through many of Kentucky’s bourbon distilleries.
4. Visit the Louisville Zoo- The Louisville Zoo is a great place for kids to see animals from all over the world. The zoo has exhibits on African animals, Asian animals, and North American animals.
5. Go to the Winton Woods Park- Winton Woods Park is a great place for kids to explore nature. The park has hiking trails, a lake, and a playground.
6. Visit the Newport Aquarium- The Newport Aquarium is a great place for kids to see fish and other aquatic animals. The aquarium has exhibits on sharks, rays, and coral reefs.
7. Go to the Cincinnati Zoo- The Cincinnati Zoo is a great place for kids to see animals from all over the world. The zoo has exhibits on African animals, Asian animals, and North American animals.
8. Take a scenic drive down the Ohio River Scenic Byway- The Ohio River Scenic Byway is a great way for kids to see the countryside. The byway passes through many of Ohio’s river towns.
9. Visit the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center- The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center is a great place for kids to learn about African American history. The center has exhibits on the Underground Railroad, slavery, and the Civil Rights Movement.
10. Walk through the Cincinnati Art Museum- The Cincinnati Art Museum is a great place for kids to see art from all over the world. The museum has exhibits on European art, American art, and Asian art.