Harvey is a great town for families with kids! There are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities to keep your little ones busy. The Harvey Family Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day, and the Harvey Community Park is perfect for a picnic lunch or a game of catch. The North Dakota County Fair is also a must-do for families with kids, and is held every August. There is something for everyone in Harvey, and your kids are sure to have a blast!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Harvey, North Dakota
1. Take a dig in one of the world’s largest trilobite fossil beds, the Normanskill Site, which is located just outside of town.
2. Visit the Wildcat Glade Conservation & Audubon Center to learn about the area’s ecology and see the Audubon Society’s collection of over 800 stuffed birds.
3. Drive out to the Saint George couplet, a lava flow that cooled and hardened into two distinct rock formations.
4. Hike or bike the 22-mile long Katy Trail, which traverses the scenic bluffs along the Missouri River.
5. Learn about the town’s history at the Harvey Historic Museum, which is housed in an old stagecoach stop.
6. Check out the unique collection of vintage cars at the Moxie Car Museum.
7. Play a round of golf at the city’s public course, the Lincoln Hills Golf Club.
8. Take a dip in one of the two public pools, the Memorial Park Pool or the Lion’s Club Pool.
9. Go fishing in one of the many lakes and ponds in the area, such as West bog Lake or Lake Metigoshe.
10. Enjoy a picnic lunch in one of the city’s many parks, such as Memorial Park or Roosevelt Park.