When it comes to finding things to do in Hamlin, TX that are kid-friendly, you will be happy to know that there are plenty of options available. For starters, head to the Cheney State Park where your family can enjoy hiking, fishing, and picnicking. If you are looking for a place to cool off on a hot day, the Abilene State Park is a great option and features a swimming beach and water slides. Other fun things to do in Hamlin with kids include visiting the Santa Fe Railway Museum, checking out the animals at the Buffalo Gap Wildlife Safari, and playing a round of putt-putt at the Perrin Air Force Base Golf Course.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hamlin, Texas
1. Take a hike on the Nature Trail at the LBJ National Grasslands. The nature trail is a easy 0.5 mile hike with some beautiful views of the surrounding grasslands.
2. Climb to the top of the water tower for an incredible view of the town.
3. Visit the Hamlin Public Library and check out some books.
4. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area.
5. Go for a swim at the Hamlin Municipal Pool.
6. Play mini golf at D&D Family Fun Center.
7. Take a spin on the go karts at D&D Family Fun Center.
8. Bowl a few frames at D&D Family Fun Center.
9. Get ice cream at Dairy Queen.
10. See a movie at the Starplex Cinema.