There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to do in Halifax, Canada. For starters, Halifax is home to the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, which is a great place to explore with kids. There is also the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, which is perfect for kids who love boats and history. If your kids are looking for some fun in the sun, they can enjoy one of the many beaches in Halifax, such as Crystal Crescent Beach or Rainbow Haven Beach. Halifax is also home to a number of parks, such as Point Pleasant Park and the Halifax Public Gardens, which are perfect for a picnic or a game of catch. And, of course, no visit to Halifax would be complete without a trip to the nearby Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park, where kids can get up close and personal with some of Canada’s native wildlife.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Halifax, Canada
1. Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic: The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is a great place to learn about the history of Halifax and the Nova Scotia province. The museum has many interactive exhibits and displays that are perfect for kids.
2. Take a harbor cruise: A harbor cruise is a great way to see Halifax from the water. There are many different companies that offer cruises, and most of them offer kid-friendly options.
3. Visit the Citadel Hill National Historic Site: The Citadel Hill National Historic Site is a must-see for any history buff. The citadel was once an important fort during the Halifax Explosion, and today it is a popular spot for tourists.
4. Stroll through Point Pleasant Park: Point Pleasant Park is a large park located in the heart of Halifax. The park is perfect for a leisurely stroll, and there are plenty of benches where you can sit and enjoy the view.
5. Check out the Halifax Public Gardens: The Halifax Public Gardens are a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city. The gardens are perfect for a picnic, and they are also a great place to take a break from sightseeing.
6. Visit the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market: The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market is a great place to find local produce and goods. The market is open year-round, and it is a great place to get a taste of Nova Scotia.
7. Take a ride on the Halifax Transit ferry: The Halifax Transit ferry is a great way to see the city from the water. The ferry ride is short, but it is a great way to get a different perspective of Halifax.
8. Climb to the top of Georges Island Lighthouse: The Georges Island Lighthouse is a great spot for views of Halifax Harbour. The lighthouse is only accessible by ferry, but it is worth the extra effort to get there.
9. Explore the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia: The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is a great place to see some of the best art in the province. The gallery has a wide range of exhibitions, and it is a great place to spend an afternoon.
10. Visit the Halifax Public Libraries: The Halifax Public Libraries are a great resource for locals and tourists alike. The libraries have a wide selection of books, and they also offer classes and events for kids.