There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Haddonfield, New Jersey! For starters, the town is home to the iconic Betsy Ross House, which is a perfect place to learn about American history. There are also several parks and playgrounds perfect for a day of fun in the sun, including Cooper River Park and challenges like the Spray of Dreams playground. And no visit to Haddonfield is complete without stopping by the local ice cream shop, Frecon’s, for a delicious treat. Other great kid-friendly activities in Haddonfield include checking out the local library, taking a horse-drawn carriage ride, or going on a self-guided tour of the town’s many murals. Whatever you choose to do, your kids are sure to have a blast in Haddonfield!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Haddonfield, New Jersey
1. Visit the Haddonfield Historical Society – The Haddonfield Historical Society is a great place for kids to learn about the history of Haddonfield and the surrounding area. The Society has a variety of programs and events for kids, including history classes, walking tours, and exhibits.
2. Attend a Haddonfield Playhouse production – The Haddonfield Playhouse is a community theater that produces a variety of shows throughout the year. The theater offers a variety of programming for kids, including acting classes, workshops, and performances.
3. Visit the Haddonfield Public Library – The Haddonfield Public Library is a great resource for kids and families. The Library offers a variety of programs and events for kids, including story times, puppet shows, and movie nights.
4. Bike or walk the Haddonfield Memorial Day Parade route – Every year, the Haddonfield Memorial Day Parade is held on the Monday of Memorial Day weekend. The Parade route is a great place to bike or walk, and kids will enjoy seeing the floats and bands as they make their way through town.
5. Play at one of Haddonfield’s parks – Haddonfield has a number of parks and playgrounds for kids to enjoy. Some of the parks include the Haddonfield Run, Woodcrest Park, and the Tatem Playground.
6. Go for a swim at the Haddonfield Swim Club – The Haddonfield Swim Club is a private swim club that offers a variety of amenities for members. The Club has a pool, a playground, a snack bar, and a variety of programs and events for kids.
7. Visit the Haddonfield Museum – The Haddonfield Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of Haddonfield and the surrounding area. The Museum has a variety of exhibits and programs for kids, including walking tours, school programs, and hands-on activities.
8. Shop at the Haddonfield Farmers Market – The Haddonfield Farmers Market is held every Saturday from May through October. The Market offers a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other products from local vendors.
9. Get ice cream at Steve’s Princess Dairy Bar – Steve’s Princess Dairy Bar is a local ice cream shop that has been serving Haddonfield for over 50 years. The shop offers a variety of ice cream flavors, as well as sundaes, milkshakes, and ice cream cakes.
10. Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride – Horse-drawn carriage rides are available year-round in Haddonfield. The rides are a great way to see the town and learn about its history.