In Guilin, China, there are many kid-friendly things to do. The city has a large park with a playground, a water park, and a variety of museums. There are also many opportunities to go on hikes and see the scenic landscape. Guilin is also home to a variety of restaurants, many of which offer kid-friendly menu options. In addition, the city has a number of hotels that offer amenities specifically for families with children.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Guilin, China
1. Go on a river cruise: Guilin is famous for its picturesque rivers, and a cruise is a great way to see the city from a different perspective. There are a number of operators offering cruises on the Li River, and it’s a great activity for families with kids.
2. Visit the Elephant Trunk Hill: Elephant Trunk Hill is one of Guilin’s most iconic landmarks, and it’s a great place to take photos. The hill get its name from its elephant-like shape, and there’s a legend about a giant elephant that used to live in the area.
3. Take a scenic cable car ride: For breathtaking views of the city and the surrounding countryside, take a cable car ride up to the top of Solitary Beauty Peak. The ride takes about 10 minutes, and it’s a great way to get a birds-eye view of Guilin.
4. Visit the Reed Flute Cave: The Reed Flute Cave is a MUST-SEE when in Guilin. It’s a huge limestone cave with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites, and it’s lit up with colorful lights, making it an unforgettable experience.
5. Hike up to Fubo Hill: For amazing views of the city, hike up to the top of Fubo Hill. The hike takes about 30 minutes, and it’s a great way to get some exercise.
6. Browse the Guilin Art Gallery: The Guilin Art Gallery is a great place to see some of China’s best art, and it’s also a good place to buy souvenirs. The gallery is located in the center of town, and it’s a great place to escape the heat during the summer months.
7. Take a boat ride on the Li River: A boat ride on the Li River is a must-do when in Guilin, and it’s a great activity for families with kids. There are a number of operators offering boat rides, and it’s a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
8. Visit the Sun and Moon Pagodas: The Sun and Moon Pagodas are two of Guilin’s most iconic landmarks, and they’re located on opposite sides of the Li River. The pagodas are an excellent place to take photos, and they offer great views of the city.
9. Go shopping at the Guilin Night Market: The Guilin Night Market is a great place to find souvenirs, and it’s also a good place to try some local food. The market is located in the center of town, and it’s a great place to wander around and explore.
10. Take a cooking class: Guilin is famous for its unique cuisine, and a cooking class is a great way to learn about the local food. There are a number of cooking schools in Guilin, and it’s a great activity for families with kids.