There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to do in Groveland, Massachusetts! For those who enjoy the outdoors, you can take a hike on one of the many trails in the area or go for a swim in one of the many lakes. There are also many historical sites to explore, including the station where the first shot of the Revolutionary War was fired! You can also visit the Groveland Fairgrounds, where there are often carnivals and other events going on. For those who enjoy shopping, there are several boutique shops in the area that are perfect for kids. And, of course, no trip to Groveland would be complete without stopping at one of the many ice cream shops!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Groveland, Massachusetts
1. Visit the Dracut Old Home Day Fair: This annual event features a parade, live music, food, games, and more.
2. Go apple picking at Tougas Family Farm: This farm offers a variety of apples to pick, as well as a cider mill and bakery on site.
3. Visit the Fitchburg Art Museum: This museum features rotating exhibitions of contemporary art, as well as a hands-on art studio for kids.
4. Take a hike at the Nashoba Valley Ski Area: This ski area features miles of hiking trails, as well as a chairlift ride to the top of the mountain.
5. Visit Sweet Tree Farm: This farm features a variety of animals, including llamas, alpacas, goats, and chickens. They also offer hayrides, pony rides, and a maize maze.
6. Play at Shattuck Park: This park features a playground, picnic area, basketball courts, and a walking trail.
7. Go fishing at the Wachusett Reservoir: This reservoir is stocked with trout and is open for fishing from April to October.
8. Visit the Goddard Rocket Launching Site: This site offers a variety of hands-on activities, as well as a chance to see rockets being launched.
9. Attend a event at the Fitchburg Longsjo Classic: This annual event features a variety of races, as well as live music and entertainment.
10. Take a scenic drive on the Mohawk Trail: This scenic road winds through the Berkshire Hills and offers beautiful views of the mountains.