There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to do in Grottaferrata, Italy. For starters, the city is filled with ancient history and architecture. Kids will love exploring the ruins of the Roman villa at Villa d’Este and the 11th-century Abbey of San Nilo. Both of these sites are free to enter. Other activities your kids might enjoy include visiting the Grottaferrata Castle, taking a boat ride on Lake Albano, or hiking up to the Papa San Domenico viewpoint.
In terms of food, your kids will love the gelato in Grottaferrata. There are several gelaterias to choose from, including Gelateria Roma, which has been in business since 1932. For a quick and easy meal, stop by one of the many pizzerias in town. If you’re looking for something a bit more upscale, there are also several restaurants that serve traditional Italian cuisine.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Grottaferrata, Italy
1. Visit the Abbey of Saint Nilus: The Abbey of Saint Nilus is a beautiful and historic spot in Grottaferrata. Kids will love exploring the ancient buildings and grounds.
2. Play in the park: There are several parks in Grottaferrata that are perfect for playing in. From climbing trees to playing tag, your kids will be sure to have a blast.
3. Go on a hike: Grottaferrata is surrounded by mountains, making it the perfect place to go on a hike. There are plenty of trails to explore, and your kids will love getting some fresh air.
4. Visit the farmer’s market: The farmer’s market is a great place to take your kids. They can see all of the fresh produce and maybe even sample some.
5. Go to the library: The library is a great place to take your kids. They can browse the shelves and find a book that they’re interested in.
6. Go swimming: There are several pools in Grottaferrata that your kids can swim in. They’ll love cooling off on a hot day.
7. Play soccer: Soccer is a popular sport in Italy, and your kids will love playing it. There are several soccer fields in Grottaferrata that they can explore.
8. Get ice cream: What kid doesn’t love ice cream? There are several ice cream shops in Grottaferrata that your kids will be sure to enjoy.
9. Visit the museum: The museum is a great place to take your kids. They can learn about the history of Grottaferrata and see some cool artifacts.
10. Go for a bike ride: Grottaferrata is a great place to go for a bike ride. There are plenty of trails to explore, and your kids will love getting some exercise.