There are many kid friendly things to do in Grinnell, Iowa. One of the most popular attractions is the Grinnell Heritage Farm Museum. This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of agriculture in Iowa. The museum features a variety of interactive exhibits, a petting zoo, and a playground. Other kid friendly attractions in Grinnell include the Grinnell Historical Society Museum, the Grinnell Country Club, and the Grinnell Public Library.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Grinnell, Iowa
1. Visit the Grinnell Heritage Museum to learn about the history of the town and the surrounding area.
2. Stroll through Colonel Grinnell Park, named after one of the town’s founders, and enjoy the scenic views.
3. Take a step back in time at the Uniquely Grinnell Old-Fashioned Soda Fountain.
4. Let the kids burn off some energy at the Kids First Playground.
5. Visit the Grinnell Arts Center to see rotating art exhibits and take part in various art classes.
6. Get up close and personal with animals at the Morehouse Petting Zoo.
7. Learn about the local ecology at Fisher Park Nature Center.
8. cast a line at one of Grinnell’s many fishing spots, such as Reiman Gardens Pond or Donnellson Slough.
9. Go for a swim at the Grinnell Aquatic Center.
10. Spend an evening exploring the Stars! At Reiman Observatory.