There are many things for kids to do in Greenville, Maine! The town has a large park with a playground, a basketball court, and a pond for fishing. There is also an ice skating rink, a bowling alley, and a movie theater. For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are many hiking and biking trails in the area. In the winter, kids can go sledding or ice skating on one of the many lakes in the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Greenville, Maine
1. Visit the Greenville Junction Dam: The Greenville Junction Dam is a great place for kids to explore and learn about the local history and ecology. The dam is open to the public and offers a variety of interactive displays and exhibits.
2. Take a hike on the Appalachian Trail: The Appalachian Trail runs right through Greenville and is a great place to take a hike with the kids. There are plenty of scenic views and picnic spots along the trail.
3. Go fishing on Moosehead Lake: Moosehead Lake is a great place to go fishing with the kids. There are many public docks and boat launches around the lake where you can access the water.
4. explore the Hexagon House Museum: The Hexagon House is a unique octagonal shaped house that was built in the 1800s. The house is now a museum and is open to the public for tours.
5. Visit the Moosehead Marine Museum: The Moosehead Marine Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Moosehead Lake and the surrounding area. The museum has a variety of interactive exhibits and displays.
6. Go whitewater rafting on the Kennebec River: The Kennebec River runs through Greenville and offers some great whitewater rafting opportunities. There are many companies that offer guided rafting trips.
7. Take a scenic drive on the Moosehead Lake Scenic Byway: The Moosehead Lake Scenic Byway is a beautiful drive that winds its way around the lake. There are many rest stops and picnic areas along the route.
8. Visit the Maine State Museum: The Maine State Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Maine. The museum has a variety of interactive exhibits and displays.
9. Go skiing or snowboarding at Sugarloaf Mountain: Sugarloaf Mountain is a great place to go skiing or snowboarding in the winter. There are many trails and runs for all levels of skiers and snowboarders.
10. Take a scenic train ride on the Downeaster: The Downeaster is a scenic train that runs from Boston to Portland, Maine. The train offers great views of the Maine coastline.