Greenport is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to keep them entertained, including the Children’s Museum of the East End, Splish Splash water park, and SoNo Switch tower. For a more natural setting, they can explore Long Island’s first sea-level nature preserve at Leonard’s Beach or take a horse-drawn carriage ride around town. And what trip to Greenport would be complete without a visit to the historic carousel?
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Greenport, New York
1. Visit the Osprey Bird Sanctuary
2. Bike or Roller Skate Along the Long Island Sound
3. Visit the Custer Observatory
4. Play Mini Golf at the Sound View
5. Go Crabbing at the Shelter Island Ferry Dock
6. Attend a Show at the Greenport Village Cinema
7. Catch a Ride on the Long Island Railroad
8. Enjoy the Carousel at the Custer Institute
9. Visit the Greenport Aquarium
10. Try Your Hand at the Greenport Sound Maze
1. The Osprey Bird Sanctuary is a great place for kids to learn about these amazing birds and see them up close.
2. Bike or roller skate along the scenic Long Island Sound to take in the beautiful views.
3. The Custer Observatory is a great place for kids to learn about astronomy and see the stars up close.
4. Play mini golf at the Sound View to challenge yourself and have some fun.
5. Go crabbing at the Shelter Island Ferry Dock to see how many you can catch.
6. Attend a show at the Greenport Village Cinema to enjoy a family-friendly movie.
7. Catch a ride on the Long Island Railroad to see the sights and sounds of the area.
8. Enjoy the carousel at the Custer Institute to take a spin and have some fun.
9. Visit the Greenport Aquarium to learn about sea life and see the creatures up close.
10. Try your hand at the Greenport Sound Maze to see if you can find your way out.