Greenbush, Maine is a beautiful and historic town located on the Penobscot River. The town is home to many kid-friendly activities, including the Greenbush Public Library, the Maine State Museum, and the Penobscot Marine Museum. There are also several parks and playgrounds located throughout the town. For those looking for a more active adventure, the town offers hiking and biking trails, as well as canoe and kayak rentals.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Greenbush, Maine
1. Visit the Fort Knoll Farm and Creamery to see how dairy products are made and to pick up some local cheese, ice cream, and milk.
2. Drive out to Quoddy Head State Park to see the towering cliffs, lighthouse, and whale-watching opportunities.
3. Visit the Cobscook Bay State Park for hiking, biking, and camping amidst beautiful scenery.
4. Drive the Bold Coast Scenic Byway for amazing coastal views and to stop at quaint small towns along the way.
5. Take a ferry ride over to Eastport to explore Maine’s easternmost city and to eat some delicious lobster.
6. Head to Machias to raft or kayak down the spectacular Machias River.
7. Go hiking or mountain biking in the beautiful Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge.
8. Visit the Roosevelt Campobello International Park to learn about the Roosevelt family, hike, and picnicking.
9. Enjoy some great fishing in the Down East region, whether it’s fresh or salt water fishing.
10. Stop by one of the many farmers markets in the area to pick up some local produce, honey, and baked goods.