There are many kid friendly things to do in Greenback, Tennessee. One option is to visit the Smoky Mountain National Park. This park is full of hiking trails, streams, and forests. There are also plenty of places to camp and picnic. Another option is to visit the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad. This railroad offers scenic tours through the mountains. There are also many kid friendly restaurants and shops in Greenback.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Greenback, Tennessee
1. Kids can learn about the local history and culture at the Greenback Heritage Museum. The museum is located in an old, restored schoolhouse and features exhibits on the area’s early settlers, the Civil War, and life in Greenback during the early 20th century.
2. Families can take a scenic drive down the Cherohala Skyway, which winds its way through the mountains for over 50 miles. Along the way, there are numerous overlooks where kids can enjoy the spectacular views.
3. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is only a short drive from Greenback, and there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy there. Hiking, horseback riding, fishing, and picnicking are just a few of the possibilities.
4. The Townsend Visitor Center, located just outside the national park, is a great place to stop and learn more about the area. There are interactive exhibits, a short film, and ranger-led programs for kids.
5. Cades Cove is another must-see destination in the Great Smoky Mountains. This beautiful valley is home to a variety of wildlife, and kids will love seeing the deer, turkeys, and other animals that frequent the area.
6. For a fun and different way to see the Great Smoky Mountains, take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad. The train winds its way through the mountains, and kids will love the experience of taking a ride on a real steam locomotive.
7. Kids will have a blast splashing around in the many waterfalls that can be found in the area. Some of the more popular ones include Metcalf Bottoms, Grotto Falls, and Meigs Falls.
8. Kids can explore their creative side at one of the many arts and crafts galleries in Greenback. There is a wide variety of art to see, and many of the galleries offer hands-on activities for kids.
9. For a taste of the local flavor, be sure to visit one of the manyfarmers markets or roadside stands. Here you can find fresh produce, honey, handmade items, and much more.
10. Kids (and adults!) will have a blast playing miniature golf at River Islands Golf Club. The course is located on an island in the Tennessee River, and it features 18 holes with a variety of challenges.