There are many things for kids to do in Greeleyville, South Carolina. One of the most popular places to visit is the Splash Pad at Warrior Park. This is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The park also has a playground, picnic shelter, and walking trail. Another great place to take the kids is Grandad’s Cabin. This is a historic log cabin that has been turned into a museum. The cabin is surrounded by a beautiful garden. There is also a General Store and Ice Cream Parlor on the property.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Greeleyville, South Carolina
1. Visit the Nesmith House Museum: The Nesmith House Museum is a historic house museum that tells the story of the Nesmith family, who were some of the first settlers in the area. The museum has a variety of exhibits on the family, their home, and the local history.
2. Take a walk through Nesmith Park: Nesmith Park is a beautiful park that is perfect for a family walk or picnic. The park has a variety of trails, a playground, and a pond.
3. Visit the Greeleyville Public Library: The Greeleyville Public Library is a great place to take the kids for story time or to find a new book. The library also has a variety of programs and events for kids and families.
4. Check out the Greeleyville farmer’s market: The Greeleyville farmer’s market is a great place to get fresh, local produce. The market also has a variety of other vendors selling everything from honey to baked goods.
5. Go fishing at Lake Wateree: Lake Wateree is a great place to take the kids fishing. The lake has a variety of fish, including bass, catfish, and crappie.
6. Visit the WatereeDam: The WatereeDam is a historic dam that is now open to the public for tours. The dam is a great place to learn about the history of the area and see some of the amazing engineering that went into its construction.
7. Hike the trails at Santee State Park: Santee State Park is a great place to take a nature hike with the family. The park has a variety of trails, all of which offer beautiful views of the surrounding area.
8. Go for a swim at Santee Lakes: Santee Lakes is a great place to take a dip on a hot day. The lakes are clean and offer a variety of features, such as a beach, playground, and picnic areas.
9. Play mini golf at Congo River Golf: Congo River Golf is a great place to take the family for a game of mini golf. The course is challenging enough for adults but still fun for kids.
10. Visit the South Carolina cotton museum: The South Carolina cotton museum is a great place to learn about the history of cotton production in the state. The museum has a variety of exhibits on the history, production, and uses of cotton.