There are many kid friendly things to do in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. One enjoyable activity is to explore the Bartholomew’s Cobble Nature Preserve. Kids can learn about the different ecosystems found there, and also look for animals. Another option is to spend a day at the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, where kids can see a variety of shows, including musicals, plays, and dance performances. For a more Hands-On experience, kids can visit the Berkshire Museum, which has interactive exhibits on a variety of topics. There is also an outdoor playground where kids can explore and play. Finally, no visit to Great Barrington would be complete without a trip to Seymour’s Candies, where kids can indulge in delicious hand-made chocolates and other sweets.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Great Barrington, Massachusetts
1. Enjoy a picnic lunch at Monument Mountain: Make a stop at one of the local markets to pick up some sandwiches and drinks, then head to Monument Mountain for a relaxing picnic lunch. Enjoy the scenic views and maybe even take a short hike.
2. Visit the Berkshire Botanical Gardens: The Berkshires are home to a number of beautiful gardens and the Berkshire Botanical Garden is a must-see. With 12 gardens and 30 acres to explore, there is something for everyone.
3. Go for a swim at one of the local ponds: Great Barrington is home to a number of natural ponds, perfect for a cooling swim on a hot summer day. Pack a picnic lunch and spend the day lounging by the water.
4. Take a scenic drive through the Berkshires: The Berkshires are home to some of the most beautiful scenery in Massachusetts. Take a drive and enjoy the views.
5. Visit the Hancock Shaker Village: The Hancock Shaker Village is a living history museum that is great for kids. With a number of interactive exhibits, kids will learn about the Shaker way of life.
6. Take a hike: There are a number of great hiking trails in the Berkshires. Explore the woods and take in the scenic views.
7. Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum: The Norman Rockwell Museum is a must-see for any fan of the famed artist. With over 20,000 pieces of artwork, the museum is a great place to spend a day.
8. Go for a bike ride: The Berkshires are home to some great biking trails. Go for a ride and take in the sights.
9. Spend a day at the spa: The Berkshires are home to a number of great spas. Spend a day being pampered and relaxing.
10. Go snowboarding or skiing: In the winter, the Berkshires are a great place to go snowboarding or skiing. With a number of different resorts, there is sure to be a perfect spot for you.