There are so many great things for families to enjoy in Gray, Maine! Just minutes from the home of L.L. Bean, families can explore the state’s largest inland lake at Sebago Lake State Park, take a scenic drive through the White Mountain National Forest, or even go for a swim in the Androscoggin River. For those looking for a more active vacation, the Gray Historical Society offers tours of the area’s many historic homes and buildings, and the local golf course is a great place to tee off. Whatever your family enjoys, you’re sure to find it in Gray!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gray, Maine
1. Visit the LL Bean flagship store – LL Bean is a Maine-based company that is best known for its outdoor gear and clothing. The flagship store is located in the city of Freeport and is a great place to browse and shop for items that will keep you warm and dry during your adventures in the Maine outdoors.
2. Visit the Maine Wildlife Park – The Maine Wildlife Park is located in the city of Gray and is a great place to view and learn about the local wildlife. The park offers a variety of exhibits, programs, and events that are sure to educate and entertain visitors of all ages.
3. Take a scenic drive – Gray is located in the beautiful state of Maine and is surrounded by scenic roads and highways. Take a drive and enjoy the stunning autumn foliage or the picturesque coastal views.
4. Visit a local farm – Maine is home to many small family farms that offer a variety of products and activities for visitors. Spend a day visiting a farm and learning about how your food is grown and raised.
5. Hike a trail – Gray is surrounded by Maine’s beautiful forests and mountains. There are many hiking trails of varying difficulty levels that wind through the woods and offer stunning views of the scenery.
6. Paddle a river – Gray is located on the Androscoggin River, which offers many opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. Spend a day paddling down the river and take in the scenery of the Maine woods.
7. Go camping – Camping is a great way to experience all that Maine has to offer. Pitch a tent at one of the many campgrounds in the area and spend a few days enjoying the outdoors.
8. Visit a museum – The town of Gray is home to the Androscoggin Riverlands State Park, which is home to a variety of historical exhibits. Spend a day learning about the history of the area and the people who have made it their home.
9. Enjoy the outdoors – Gray is a great place to enjoy the outdoors. Take a walk or bike ride around town, go for a swim at one of the local lakes, or just sit back and enjoy the fresh Maine air.
10. Eat some lobster – Lobster is one of Maine’s most iconic foods. Enjoy a lobster dinner at one of the many seafood restaurants in town or buy fresh lobster from a local seafood market.