Grand Forks is a great place for families with young children. There are several indoor and outdoor play areas, as well as a number of kid-friendly museums and attractions. The Grand Forks Zoo is a great place to start, as it is home to a wide variety of animals. The Children’s Museum at University of North Dakota is another excellent option, as it is full of interactive exhibits designed to educate and entertain young children. The Ralph Engelstad Arena is also a popular destination for families, as it is home to a number of sporting events and concerts throughout the year.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Grand Forks Afb, North Dakota
1. Visit the Grand Forks Heritage Village.
The Grand Forks Heritage Village is a living history museum that recreates the early settlement days of the Red River Valley.
2. Take a tour of the Myra Belle Shirley House.
The Myra Belle Shirley House is a historic Victorian home that was built in 1883.
3. Visit the Hjemkomst Center.
The Hjemkomst Center is a museum that celebrates the heritage of the Red River Valley.
4. View the sculptures at the Grand Forks Air Force Base.
The Grand Forks Air Force Base is home to a number of sculptures, including the Veterans Memorial Sculpture Garden.
5. Visit the Ralph Englestad Arena.
The Ralph Englestad Arena is a multi-purpose arena that is home to the University of North Dakota hockey team.
6. Take a walk or bike ride through the Riverside Park.
Riverside Park is a beautiful park that offers views of the Red River.
7. Visit the North Dakota Museum of Art.
The North Dakota Museum of Art is the state’s largest museum and features a variety of artwork.
8. Attend a concert at the Alerus Center.
The Alerus Center is a multi-purpose arena and convention center that hosts a variety of events.
9. Go shopping at the Columbia Mall.
The Columbia Mall is the largest shopping mall in Grand Forks and offers a variety of stores and restaurants.
10. Visit the National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office.
The National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office is a working weather station that offers tours to the public.