Grafton is a great place for kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained. The Grafton Village Store is a great place to start, with a wide variety of toys, games, and books. The River Walk is also a nice place to explore, and you can even stop by the Grafton Ponds to feed the ducks! If you’re looking for something a little more active, the Grafton Recreation Department offers a variety of sports and arts programs for kids of all ages. And of course, no visit to Grafton would be complete without a trip to the Grafton County Fair!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Grafton, New Hampshire
1. Visit the Francis Benard Children’s Museum: The Francis Benard Children’s Museum is a great place to take kids of all ages. There are plenty of interactive exhibits for kids to enjoy, as well as a cafe and gift shop.
2. Go for a hike: There are many hiking trails in Grafton, New Hampshire, perfect for a family hike. One popular trail is the Seven Sisters Trail, which has seven waterfalls along the way.
3. Check out the Grafton Ponds: The Grafton Ponds are a great place to take a dip in the summer or go for a paddle in the winter. There are also plenty of picnic and barbecue areas around the ponds.
4. Visit the Grafton Village Cheese Company: The Grafton Village Cheese Company is a great place to take a tour and learn about how cheese is made. There is also a cafe on site where you can sample some of the delicious cheeses.
5. Take a ride on the Grafton & Upton Railroad: The Grafton & Upton Railroad offers train rides through the scenic countryside. This is a great activity for kids of all ages.
6. Go apple picking: Grafton is located in the heart of New Hampshire’s apple country. There are many local farms that offer pick-your-own apples in the fall.
7. Attend a Grafton County Fair: The Grafton County Fair is a great place to take the kids. There are rides, games, food, and other family-friendly activities.
8. Visit the Grafton Historical Society Museum: The Grafton Historical Society Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Grafton. There are many exhibits and a research library on site.
9. Go fishing: There are many great spots for fishing in Grafton. The Grafton Pond is a great place to start, but there are also many rivers and streams in the area.
10. Play in the park: There are several parks in Grafton, perfect for a picnic lunch or a game of frisbee. Griffin Park is a great option, with a playground, basketball courts, and a baseball field.