Gordonsville, Tennessee is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The Stephens Center Park is a beautiful place to take a stroll with the kiddos, and there’s also a playground and a splash pad to cool off in on hot days. If your kids are into animals, the Calfkiller Wildlife Sanctuary is a must-see. They offer educational programs and events throughout the year, and it’s a great way to learn about the local wildlife. For a fun day out, head to the Davy Crockett Birthday Festival in November or the Main Street Festival in May. There’s also a Children’s Museum in town that offers interactive exhibits and plenty of hands-on fun. And be sure to check out the Gordonsville Candy Kitchen for some delicious homemade treats!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gordonsville, Tennessee
1. Visit the Big Swamp Wildlife Management Area for an up-close look at alligators, turtles, and other swamp creatures.
2. take a scenic drive down the winding roads of the Caney Fork River Valley.
3. Visit Cumberland Mountain State Park for hiking, camping, picnicking, and fishing.
4. Splash around in the cool waters of the Cumberland River at Miller’s Landing.
5. Take a walk or bike ride on the beautiful bluffs of the Tennessee River at Harrisburg Landing.
6. Visit the historic Rachel’s Choice General Store and Museum for a step back in time.
7.Explore the fossils and rocks at Gordonsville’s very own Fossil Park.
8. Check out the beautiful historic homes and buildings in downtown Gordonsville.
9. Visit the Gordonsville Public Library for story time and a chance to explore a wide variety of books.
10. Play at one of Gordonsville’s many parks, including Cane Creek Park, Veterans Memorial Park, or Lions Club Park.