If you’re looking for some kid-friendly fun in Gordon, Wisconsin, you’ll find plenty to keep the little ones busy. The Gordon area is home to a number of great parks and playgrounds, perfect for a day of outdoor fun. Crystal Lake Park is a great option, with a playground, pavilion, and plenty of open space to explore. There is also a splash pad for cooling off on hot days. Wandering Oak Nature Preserve is another great spot for a nature hike or picnic, and you might even spot some wildlife along the way. For a more active day, head to the Gordon Country Club to hit some balls on the driving range or take a lesson. Gordon also has a number of great restaurants that the whole family will enjoy, like the Point Cafe and Ice Cream Parlor, Ernie’s Drive In, and Gordy’s County Market.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gordon, Wisconsin
1. Visit the Gordon River Park for a leisurely stroll or a game of fetch with your four-legged friend. The park features a playground, a large grassy area perfect for picnicking, and a scenic riverfront.
2. Take a ride on the Gordon Go-Round, a antique carousel located in the Gordon River Park. The Go-Round has been a staple in the park since the early 1900s and is a popular spot for families with small children.
3. Head to the Gordon Public Library for story time, arts and crafts, or to borrow one of the many children’s books available. The library also offers free Wi-Fi and computers for public use.
4. Enjoy a scoop (or two!) of ice cream at Spangenberg’s Soda Fountain, a Gordon institution since 1885. The soda fountain is known for its old-fashioned atmosphere and delicious ice cream, and is a must-visit for any sweet tooth.
5. Go on a nature hike at one of Gordon’s many parks and forest Preserves. Popular trails include the Ice Age Trail and the Gordyougne Hiking Trail.
6. Spend a day at the beach! Gordon is home to several lakeside beaches, including Gordon Beach State Park, which offers a sand beach, picnic areas, and a playground.
7. Take a swim at one of Gordon’s indoor or outdoor pools. The Gordon Recreation Center features an indoor pool with a water slide, while the Gordon Water Park offers a lazy river, water slides, and a splash pad.
8. Catch a movie at the Gordon Cinema, a family-owned and operated movie theater that has been showing movies since 1947. The Cinema offers a variety of concessions, and also hosts special events throughout the year.
9. See a live performance at the Gordon Opera House, a historic theater that was built in 1884. The Opera House hosts a variety of shows and events throughout the year, including musicals, plays, and more.
10. Visit the Gordon Farmers Market, held every Wednesday from June through September. The market features a variety of local vendors selling fresh produce, baked goods, handmade crafts, and more.