In Gordon, Nebraska, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The local community center offers a variety of classes and programs for children of all ages, from dance and art classes to youth sports leagues. There are also several parks and playgrounds in town, as well as a public pool that is open during the summer months.Gordon is home to a variety of shops and businesses that cater to families, including a toy store, a children’s clothing boutique, and an ice cream parlor. The Gordon Library offers a variety of children’s books and friendly staff that are always happy to help little ones find a good book to read. And, if you’re looking for something a little different to do, the Prairie Dog Town USA attraction is a must-see for any visitor to Gordon.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gordon, Nebraska
1. Visit historic downtown Gordon for a glimpse into the past. This small town has a rich history dating back to the 1800s.
2. Stroll through the Gordon Botanical Gardens and enjoy the tranquil beauty of the flowers and plants.
3. Take a walk or bike ride along the Cowboy Trail, a 100-mile stretch of former railroad track that runs through the heart of Nebraska.
4. Visit the Niobrara State Park for a day of hiking, picnicking, and wildlife watching.
5. Drive out to the Chimney Rock National Historic Site to see this natural wonder up close.
6. Learn about the area’s Native American history at the Nebraska Indian community College.
7. Enjoy a round of golf at one of Gordon’s three public courses.
8. Go fishing in one of the many lakes and ponds in the area.
9. Play a game of horseshoes or volleyball at Gordon’s city park.
10. Visit the Gordon Museum to learn about the town’s history and see a variety of local artifacts.