Goose Creek, South Carolina, is a great place for families with kids. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained. For starters, the city has several parks that are perfect for a picnic or a game of fetch. Crowfield Plantation is a great place to explore nature and take a hike. For a more educational experience, the Caw Caw Interpretive Center offers plenty of information about the area’s ecology and history. Kids will love getting up close and personal with the animals at the Charleston Zoo. And no trip to Goose Creek would be complete without a visit to the Charleston Tea Plantation. Here, kids can learn all about how tea is made and even take a tour of the facility.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Goose Creek, South Carolina
1. Visit the Charleston Tea Plantation: The Charleston Tea Plantation is the only tea plantation in America and it’s a great place to visit with kids. They offer tours of the plantation and you can even pick your own tea leaves.
2. Check out the Charleston Museum: The Charleston Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the city and the state. They have a variety of exhibits that kids will enjoy, including a replica of a Charleston plantation house.
3. Visit the South Carolina Aquarium: The South Carolina Aquarium is a must-see for any family visiting Charleston. They have a variety of exhibits featuring local wildlife, including sharks, alligators, and stingrays.
4. Stroll through Battery Park: Battery Park is a beautiful park located in downtown Charleston. It’s a great place to take a stroll with the kids and admire the view of the harbor.
5. Take a ride on the Charleston Water Taxi: The Charleston Water Taxi is a great way to see the city from the water. They offer a variety of different tours, including a tour of the harbor, the historic districts, and the waterfront.
6. Visit the Charleston Farmer’s Market: The Charleston Farmer’s Market is a great place to get fresh local produce. They have a variety of vendors selling everything from fruits and vegetables to seafood and crafts.
7. Walk or bike the Charleston Harbor Walk: The Charleston Harbor Walk is a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the scenic views. It’s a three-mile path that goes along the waterfront and through the historic district.
8. Play at Waterfront Park: Waterfront Park is a great place for kids to play. It has a playground, a sprayground, and a variety of different waterfalls.
9. Visit the Fort Sumter National Monument: The Fort Sumter National Monument is a must-see for any history buff. It’s the site of the first battle of the Civil War and there is a museum on site that kids will enjoy.
10. Go on a ghost tour: Charleston is known for its ghost stories and there are a variety of different tours you can take. Kids will love hearing about the ghosts that are said to haunt the city.