Goodland, Kansas is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. The Goodland City Park has a playground, swimming pool, and picnic areas. The Prairie Museum of Art and History has free admission for kids and offers a variety of activities. The High Plains Library District offers many programs for kids, including story times, crafts, and movie nights. The Goodland Recreation Center has a gym, game room, and indoor track. There are also a number of parks scattered throughout the city where kids can explore, play, and have fun.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Goodland, Kansas
1) visit the Nicodemus National Historic Site which is the only remaining westward frontier town established by African Americans during the Reconstruction Era
2) take a walk or bike ride down the Solomon Valley Trail which offers beautiful views of the Smoky Hills
3) explore the Fort Hays State Historic Site which includes a replica of a 19th century fort as well as a museum
4) have a picnic lunch at Riverside Park which offers a playground, pavilions, and a fishing pond
5) visit the St. Francis Indian School Museum which tells the history of the first Indian boarding school in the United States
6) explore the Boot Hill Museum which features artifacts and displays on the history of the American West
7) take a scenic drive down the Frontier Historical Byway to learn about the history of the area
8) visit the High Plains Museum to learn about the natural and cultural history of the High Plains region
9) take a tour of the High Plains Vanilla Bean Company to learn about the process of vanilla bean production
10) try some delicious ice cream from the Layered Cow Creamery.