When it comes to family fun in Gonzales, Texas, there is no shortage of options. For those looking for outdoor activities, there are plenty of parks and trails to explore. For those interested in history, there are several museums and historical sites to visit. And for those who just want to relax and have a good time, there are plenty of restaurants, cafes, and shops to enjoy. No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be something for everyone in Gonzales.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gonzales, Texas
1. Take a look inside the Historic Gonzales Courthouse – This courthouse is over 150 years old and is full of rich history. It is also rumored to be haunted!
2. Stroll down Main Street – Main Street is full of charming shops and businesses. Be sure to stop in at the old-fashioned candy store!
3. Check out the statue of Ginger the Cat – Ginger was a well-known cat who roamed the streets of Gonzales. There is now a statue of her in front of the courthouse.
4. Visit the Gonzales Memorial Museum – This museum is full of interesting artifacts and exhibits about the history of Gonzales.
5. See the World’s Largest Pecan – This giant pecan is located in front of a local pecan shop. It is an impressive sight!
6. Have a picnic in Memorial Park – Memorial Park is a lovely spot for a picnic. It is also a great place to take a walk or go for a run.
7. Go fishing in the Guadalupe River – The Guadalupe River is a great place to fish. You might even catch a glimpse of a river otter!
8. Play at the Splash Pad – The Splash Pad is a great place to cool off on a hot day. It is also a lot of fun for kids!
9. Visit the Antique Mall – The Antique Mall is full of treasures. You never know what you might find!
10. Go on a hayride at the pumpkin patch – This is a great activity for fall. It is also a lot of fun for kids of all ages!