There are plenty of things to keep kids busy in Goldonna. For the outdoorsy type, there is fishing, swimming, hiking, and picnicking at Black Lake. For the more adventurous, there is canoeing and kayaking down the Great River Road. History buffs will enjoy touring the old courthouse and learning about the Cane River Creamery. And everyone will love the ice cream at Fertitta’s!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Goldonna, Louisiana
1. Visit the Goldonna Museum and take a step back in time.
2. Stroll down Main Street and take in the quaint small-town atmosphere.
3. Visit the Natchitoches National Fish Hatchery and learn about fish and wildlife conservation.
4. Take a scenic drive down the Kisatchie National Forest scenic Byway.
5. Stop by one of the many charming small-town cafes and bakeries for a bite to eat.
6. Check out the Goldonna Depot Museum and see artifacts from the area’s rich railroad history.
7. Browse the unique shops and boutiques in downtown Goldonna.
8. Go for a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails in the nearby Kisatchie National Forest.
9. Take a dip in the refreshing waters of Lake Bistineau.
10. Camp out under the stars at one of the many campgrounds in the Kisatchie National Forest.