There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Glen Allen, Virginia! For starters, the Richmond Zoo is a great place to take the family. It is home to over 2,000 animals, including lions, tigers, elephants, and more. Richmond also has a Children’s Museum, which is perfect for those rainy days. It has interactive exhibits that will keep the kids entertained for hours. If the weather is nice, head to Pump It Up for an indoor inflatable playground, or go outside to one of the many parks in the area. There are also plenty of kid friendly restaurants, so you can find something everyone will enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Glen Allen, Virginia
1. Visit the Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. This event features over 500,000 lights, botanical decorations, holiday music, and more.
2. Attend the Christmas Town USA at Busch Gardens. This event features holiday lights, shows, and attractions.
3. Go ice skating at the Richmond Ice Zone. This facility offers public skating, figure skating, and hockey programs.
4. Play at the Richmond Children’s Museum. This museum features hands-on exhibits and programs for kids of all ages.
5. Visit the Science Museum of Virginia. This museum features interactive exhibits and programs on science and technology.
6. See a show at the Children’s Theatre at Willow Lawn. This theatre offers live performances of classic children’s stories.
7. Take a ride on the Richmond Trolley. This trolley offers tours of historic Richmond sites.
8. Go fishing at the Henrico County Fishing ponds. These ponds are stocked with fish and offer catch-and-release fishing.
9. Play mini golf at the Putt-Putt Fun Center. This facility offers two 18-hole miniature golf courses.
10. Visit the Richmond SPCA. This shelter offers adoptable animals, education programs, and more.