There is no shortage of kid-friendly activities in Glasgow, Kansas. The city is home to a number of parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities, as well as a variety of cultural and educational attractions. Glasgow also has a number of kid-friendly restaurants, cafes, and ice cream shops.
Some of the most popular kid-friendly activities in Glasgow include visiting the Glasgow City Park, going for a swim at the Glasgow Municipal Swimming Pool, exploring the Dinosaur Park, playing at one of the city’s many playgrounds, and visiting the Glasgow Zoo. Other popular activities include attending a show at the Glasgow Children’s Theatre, going for a horseback ride at one of the city’s many stables, and taking a scenic walk or bike ride through one of Glasgow’s many trails.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Glasco, Kansas
1. Visit the Volland Store – The Volland Store is a historic general store and museum that was built in 1884. It is the oldest commercial building in Ellsworth County and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The store sells old-fashioned candy, toys, and souvenirs.
2. Take a tour of the Schilling Distilling Company – The Schilling Distilling Company is a family-owned business that has been making small batch bourbon whiskey since 2006. Tours of the distillery are available by appointment.
3. Play at the Glasco City Park – The Glasco City Park has a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail.
4. Visit the Glasco Public Library – The Glasco Public Library is a small town library that has a variety of books, magazines, and DVDs.
5. Go fishing at the Glasco City Lake – The Glasco City Lake is a man-made lake that is stocked with fish. It is a popular spot for fishing, swimming, and picnicking.
6. Attend a event at the Glasco Opera House – The Glasco Opera House is a historic theater that hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including live music, theater, and movies.
7. Have a picnic at the Memorial Park – The Memorial Park is a large park with a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail.
8. Browse the shops on Main Street – Main Street is the main street in Glasco with a variety of shops, including a grocery store, a bakery, and a gift shop.
9. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Smoky Valley Railroad Trail – The Smoky Valley Railroad Trail is a 4-mile long paved trail that runs through Glasco. It is popular with walkers, runners, and cyclists.
10. Visit the Glasco Museum – The Glasco Museum is a small museum that features exhibits on the history of Glasco and the surrounding area.