Gladstone is a small town in North Dakota that is full of kid-friendly activities. The town has a park with a playground and a large open space for kids to run around. There is also a swimming pool and a library. The library has a large selection of books for kids, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The town also has a few restaurants that are kid-friendly, and there is a movie theater. Gladstone is a great place for families to visit, and there are plenty of things for kids to do.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gladstone, North Dakota
1. Visit the Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site: This historic site allows visitors to learn about the Knife River Indians, who were the first inhabitants of the area. Visitors can see replicas of earth lodges, as well as tipi rings, petroglyphs, and burial mounds. There are also interpretive programs offered at the site.
2. Take a tour of the Lewis & Clark Boat House and National Historic Landmark: This boat house was used by Lewis and Clark during their expedition in 1804-1806. Visitors can take a tour of the boat house and see the re-created keelboat that was used during the expedition. There is also an interpretive center at the site.
3. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area: Gladstone is located in the heart of North Dakota’s Lake Region, so there are plenty of options for fishing. Some of the popular lakes includeLake Sakakawea, Devils Lake, and Lake Oahe. There are also several smaller lakes in the area.
4. Play a round of golf at one of the local courses: Gladstone is home to two 18-hole golf courses – the Crossroads Golf Course and the Apple Grove Golf Course. Both courses offer scenic views of the surrounding area.
5. Visit the Dakota Dinosaur Museum: This museum is home to a wide variety of fossils, as well as life-sized replicas of dinosaurs. There is also an interpretive center that offers educational programs for visitors.
6. Stroll through the Applewood Park Arboretum: This 10-acre park features a variety of trees, shrubs, and flowers. There are also walking trails, picnic areas, and a playground.
7. Take a scenic drive on the Sheyenne River Valley Scenic Byway: This 115-mile byway winds its way through the Sheyenne River Valley, offering scenic views of the river, as well as the rolling hills and prairies of the region.
8. See the animals at the Chahinkapa Zoo: The Chahinkapa Zoo is home to more than 100 animals, including tigers, lions, bears, and wolves. There is also a petting zoo and a variety of educational programs offered.
9. Visit the Dakota Waterslide Park: This water park features a variety of slides and pools, as well as a lazy river. There is also a picnic area and a playground.
10. Go camping at one of the many campgrounds in the area: Gladstone is home to a number of RV parks and campgrounds, as well as several state parks.