Gilmanton is the perfect place for a family vacation! There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in the area, including visiting the Milwaukee Public Museum, going on a Milwaukee County Zoo safari, taking a Dells Boat Tour, and visiting the Wisconsin Dells Waterpark resorts. For a more low-key vacation, there are also plenty of parks and playgrounds in the area, as well as a few pick-your-own farms where families can spend a day picking fresh fruits and vegetables. No matter what your family enjoys, you’re sure to find something to do in Gilmanton!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gilmanton, Wisconsin
1. Take a hike through one of Gilmanton’s many parks and forests. There are plenty of trails to explore, and you might even spot some wildlife along the way.
2. Visit the Gilmanton Zoo, where you can see all sorts of animals from around the world.
3. Play a round of golf at one of the town’s several golf courses.
4. Go swimming at one of Gilmanton’s many lakes or at the community pool.
5. Take a tour of the Historic Arnott House, a Victorian-style mansion that is now a museum.
6. Play some tennis at one of the town’s tennis courts.
7. Go horseback riding at one of the nearby stables.
8. Visit the Gilmanton Winery and taste some of the local wines.
9. Go apple picking at one of the many apple orchards in the area.
10. Take a hayride or go on a tractor-pulled wagon ride at one of the area’s farms.