There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Giarre, Italy. One of the most popular attractions is the Adventure Park Sapinya. This park is full of activities for kids of all ages, including zip lining, climbing, and more. There is also a water park and a playground. Another popular attraction is the indoor trampoline park. This is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. Other kid friendly activities in Giarre include go karting, horseback riding, and visiting the local farms. There is also a farmers market that takes place every Saturday morning.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Giarre, Italy
1. Visit the Giarre Riposto Catania Railway Museum: The museum is located in an old railway station and is full of interactive exhibits about the history of the Italian railway system. Kids can dress up as conductors, take a train ride, and learn about the engineering involved in building and operating a railway.
2. Play in the Parco delle Madonie: This park has a playground, a sandpit, and a small pond where kids can paddle boats. It’s a great place to run around and explore.
3. Climb Mount Etna: Kids will love the challenge of scaling one of the world’s tallest volcanoes. They can take the cable car to the top, or hike one of the many trails. Either way, they’ll be rewarded with incredible views.
4. Visit the Giardino Bellini: This beautiful garden is filled with flowers, sculptures, and a fountain. Kids can explore the paths, smell the flowers, and make wishes in the fountain.
5. Go to the beach: Giarre has a number of beaches where kids can swim, build sandcastles, and hunt for shells.
6. Try some gelato: No visit to Italy is complete without trying some of the delicious gelato. Kids will love the many flavors to choose from.
7. Ride the funicular: The Giarre-Riposto Funicular is a fun way to experience the city. Kids can ride up and down the hill, enjoying the views along the way.
8. Visit the Polizia Municipale Museum: This museum is full of interactive exhibits about the history of the police force in Giarre. Kids can learn about the different types of police officers, see a patrol car, and even dress up in a uniform.
9. Go on a boat ride: Kids can take a cruise around Giarre Bay or go on a rowboat in one of the city’s many parks.
10. Play in the park: Giarre has many parks with playgrounds, open fields, and wooded areas. Kids can explore, play games, and have a picnic lunch.