For the younger set, Getafe has a number of kid-friendly options. The Getafe Zoo is a great place to spend a day, with over 2000 animals from all over the world. The El Olivar deINseguridad climbing park is perfect for kids who like to explore, with a number of different routes to take. The city also has a number of parks, perfect for a picnic or a game of tag. The Jardin de la Cubierta is a particularly lovely spot, with a number of different flowers and plants to admire. If your kids are looking for a thrill, the Laser Quest Getafe laser tag center is sure to be a hit.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Getafe, Spain
1. Visit the Zoo: The Getafe Zoo is a great place for kids to see a variety of animals up close. There are lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes, penguins, and more. The zoo also has a petting zoo where kids can interact with some of the animals.
2. Take a Train Ride: The Getafe Train Museum offers a variety of train rides for kids of all ages. There are also exhibits on the history of the railways in Spain.
3. Visit the Aqueduct: The Aqueduct of Getafe is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. The aqueduct was built in the 16th century and is a great example of Spanish engineering.
4. Play at the Park: There are several parks in Getafe where kids can run around and play. Some of the parks also have playgrounds and picnic areas.
5. Go Swimming: The Getafe Municipal Pool is a great place to take the kids swimming. There are also several other pools in the city that are open to the public.
6. Ride Bicycles: Getafe is a great place to ride bicycles. There are many bike paths and trails around the city. bikes can also be rented from several locations.
7. Visit the Museum: The Getafe Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the city. The museum has a number of interactive exhibits that kids will enjoy.
8. Go to the Beach: The beaches of Getafe are a great place to relax and have fun. There are several beaches to choose from, and each one has its own unique features.
9. Play Golf: Getafe is home to a number of golf courses. These courses are a great place to spend a day with the family.
10. Try the Local Cuisine: Getafe has a number of great restaurants that serve the local cuisine. This is a great way to try new foods and experience the culture of the city.