Germantown is a great place for young families. There is much to do in this historic Hudson River town, including hiking, picnicking, fishing, and swimming. The local parks are excellent places to take the kids, and the playgrounds and splash pads at Kingsley and Veterans’ Memorial Parks are sure to be a hit. In town, kids can enjoy the Germantown Historical Society’s Children’s Discovery Trail, or take a horse-drawn carriage ride. Just outside of town, families can visit the Bruderhof Communities’ Children’s Farm, or the Catskill Animal Sanctuary. With so much to do, Germantown is the perfect place to raise a family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Germantown, New York
1. Visit the historic Stone Arabia Dutch Reformed Church.
2. Take a hike through the rugged Pinnacle Park.
3. Explore the Oneida County History Center.
4. Visit the W.B. Grimes Store museum.
5. Play a round of golf at the Maple Hill Golf Course.
6. Go for a swim at the East Side Recreation Park.
7. Take a walk or bike ride along the Mohawk River.
8. Visit the Animart petting zoo.
9. Play at the Cataract Falls playground.
10. Go on a hayride at Stalker Farms.