General Santos City, or simply GenSan, is Mindanao’s premiere tourist destination. It is also the southernmost city in the Philippines. The city is known for its tuna industry and for being the birthplace of boxing legend Manny Pacquiao.
Aside from these, GenSan is also a great place for families with kids. There are a lot of kid-friendly activities and attractions in the city.
One of the must-visit places in GenSan is the Tuna Capital of the Philippines Museum. The museum is a great place to learn about the city’s tuna industry and its history.
Other kid-friendly places in GenSan include the Sarangani Highlands, the Friendship Tower, and the Apo Island Marine Sanctuary.
The Sarangani Highlands is a great place to hike and enjoy the scenic views. The Friendship Tower, on the other hand, is a great place to get a bird’s eye view of the city. Lastly, the Apo Island Marine Sanctuary is a great place to go snorkeling and see the amazing marine life.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In General Santos, Philippines
1. Visit the city’s museums and historical sites.
2. Enjoy the city’s parks and nature reserves.
3. Go on a shopping spree at the city’s malls and supermarkets.
4. Feast on the city’s wide array of food options.
5. Participate in the city’s many festivals and events.
6. Go on an adventure at the city’s zoos and wildlife sanctuaries.
7. Take a dip in one of the city’s many swimming pools.
8. Learn about the city’s rich culture and heritage through its arts and crafts.
9. Play some of the city’s many sports facilities.
10. Get a taste of the city’s nightlife.