Garden City is a quaint little town on Long Island with a rich history. The village was founded in 1869 by Alexander T. Stewart and has been a popular destination for families ever since. Garden City is home to several playgrounds, parks, and museums that are perfect for a day out with the kids.
The Garden City Park is a great place to start your day. The park has a playground, a pond with ducks, and a 9-hole golf course. After working up an appetite, head over to one of the many kid-friendly restaurants in town for lunch. Pizza, ice cream, and burgers are always a hit with the kids.
If the weather is nice, take a stroll down Stewart Avenue and check out the unique shops and boutiques. Garden City is also home to a number of museums, including the Long Island Children’s Museum, the Cradle of Aviation Museum, and the Nassau County Museum of Art.
End your day with a sweet treat from one of the local bakeries or ice cream shops. Garden City is the perfect place to relax and spend a day with the family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Garden City, New York
1. Plant a garden: Kids will love getting their hands dirty and planting their own flowers or vegetables.
2. Visit the Long Island Children’s Museum: This museum is full of fun, interactive exhibits for kids to enjoy.
3. Go to the movies: There are plenty of kid-friendly movie theaters in Garden City, perfect for a rainy day activity.
4. Go bowling: Kids can burn off some energy while having a blast bowling at one of the many local bowling alleys.
5. Visit an amusement park: Garden City is home to Adventureland, a popular amusement park with rides, games, and more.
6. Explore a farm: Kids can learn about where their food comes from by visiting one of the many local farms in the area.
7. Go on a nature hike: There are plenty of nature trails in Garden City, perfect for a sunny day activity.
8. Visit the zoo: The Long Island Zoo is a great place to learn about animals and see them up close.
9. Go ice skating: Ice skating is a fun activity for kids of all ages, and there are several local rinks to choose from.
10. Play at the park: There are many parks in Garden City, complete with playground equipment, basketball courts, and more.