If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Ganado, Texas, you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of activities to keep your little ones entertained in this charming town. For starters, you can explore one of the many family friendly parks and playgrounds. If your kids are into sports, they can join a local youth league or even take part in lessons at the Ganado Activity Center. There are also plenty of kid friendly events held throughout the year, such as the Annual Easter Egg Hunt and the Ganado Fall Festival. No matter what your kids are interested in, you’re sure to find something to keep them entertained in Ganado!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ganado, Texas
1) Visit the Navajo Code Talkers Museum – This museum is dedicated to the Navajo men who served as Code Talkers during World War II. It is a great place to learn about their heroism and the history of the Navajo people.
2) Explore the Ganado Heritage Days – This annual event celebrates the rich heritage of the Navajo people. There are many activities and demonstrations to enjoy, as well as arts and crafts for sale.
3) Visit the Hubbell Trading Post – This historic trading post was established in 1878 and is now a National Historic Site. It is a great place to learn about the history of the Navajo people and their culture.
4) Take a Hike – There are many great hiking trails in Ganado, including the Ganado Lake Trail and the Cabezon Peak Trail.
5) Go Fishing – Ganado is home to many great fishing spots, including the San Juan River and the Chinle Wash.
6) Visit the Canyon de Chelly National Monument – This national monument is home to many ancient Navajo ruins. It is a great place to explore and learn about the history of the area.
7) Take a Scenic Drive – There are many scenic drives in Ganado, including the Canyon de Chelly Scenic Drive and the Window Rock Scenic Drive.
8) Explore the Navajo Nation Zoo – This zoo is home to many native animals, including bears, wolves, and buffalo.
9)Visit the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park – This tribal park is home to some of the most iconic landscapes in the American West. It is a great place to take in the beauty of the area.
10) Go stargazing – Ganado is a great place to enjoy the night sky. There are many dark sky areas where you can see the stars in all their glory.